The Versium REACH APIs support hashed data inputs. Below is a description of the type of hashed data supported and best practices for customers that whish to use this type of data.
The Versium REACH APIs currently support the following Hashing methods:
- MD5 (UPPER, lower, NaturalCase)
- SHA1 (UPPER, lower, NaturalCase)
- SHA256 (UPPER, lower, NaturalCase)
Versium REACH APIs supports and accepts ONLY the following fields as hashed inputs:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Postal Code
- Business Name
- Phone Number - Note: phone number should have all non-numerics removed ("I.e. '123-456-7890' or '(123) 456-7890' should be converted to '1234567890' before hashing for best results)
- Email Address - natural case is not well supported for email address.
To use this feature, simply hash the fields noted above and upload is in the API query as one normally would. The Versium REACH APIs will take care of the rest.
Example of a Contact Append API where a SHA256 phone number is given as input:
As a general rule, the best way is to hash the data before it is used with Versium REACH APIs.
Here below is the suggested items to check and sequence to follow when hashing data:
- (1) remove all leading and trailing whitespace
- (2) remove all non-alphanumeric characters (except spaces)
- (3) transform to lowercase all uppercase letters
- (4) hash field.
Versium REACH APIs will accept different types of hash in the same API call.
For example, the First Name may be provided in SHA256, the Last Name in SHA1 and Email in MD5.